Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Been a while

Things have been sooooooooo busy here I haven't had time to update, so I will take a minute now.
The studio is closed this week and next due to an unfortunate incident involving a washing machine and a carpet. We are replacing the padding this week and will probably wait a while to replace the actual carpet.
Since we had everything moved out of the room already, we went ahead and painted the projection area on Sunday. We have had the paint for a while but never had time to move the furniture out to paint, so I guess we killed two birds with one stone. I hate that expression- it is so violent! Who would want to kill birds with rocks anyway? That's awful!!

ANYWAY- we are also finishing up the redecorating of the studio bathroom- which is exciting because it has been so HORRIBLE for so long. We painted and got new flooring in the entry a couple months ago and the intention has always been to do the bathroom the same, with beautiful, warm, Tuscan colors. My wonderful husband also installed my new pedastal sink in there- and we finally found a mirror that works. Bless his heart- he wrestled with that sink for quite a while. Apparently pedastal sinks are pretty hard to install- but he's a champ and he did it and it's beautiful.

In other news- I was very disappointed to get a UPS return note in my PO Box the other day and I was 99% sure it was for my new Cupcake Courier. But I wasn't sure, so I called the # on my paypal receipt and the owner of the company, Jennifer Gunn, answered and was so nice and helpful and apologetic, though I'm not sure why, it was just a misunderstanding, stuff happens. I was very impressed that she answered her own phone and was eager to fix the problem and get me a new one shipped right away. Anyway- I can't wait to get it, I got a pink one. For those who don't know- a Cupcake Courier is a big tray that stacks 3 dozen cupcakes (or one big cake) without messing any of them up! The PERFECT way to get cupcakes to school or another function easily! After my first attempt at bringing two dozen cupcakes to school a couple weeks ago for my first grader's birthday- I knew I couldn't manage this three times a year (3 kids) plus school carnivals and whatever else- so I HAD to have one and it was my Mother's Day gift to myself. (Well, one of them, anyway- ha).

Anyway- if you have kids, or if you ever have any reason to transport cupcakes, muffins, or a big cake- check out the Cupcake Courier. www.cupcakecourier.com I will post again after I get it. I'll be using it for Relay for Life in 2 weeks if it gets here in time.

IN RELAY NEWS-
I am only $275 away from reaching my goal of $1250. I also have an uncle who REALLY wants to see me cut my hair off- which I will do if I reach my goal. Not all of it- cutting off 10" for Locks of Love. It will be to about my shoulders still. I'm not thrilled about it but a promise is a promise... I will get a cute style before my trip to LA 2 weeks later.

I have so much I am looking forward to right now!!
Saturday May 19- Relay for Life fundraiser Garage Sale in Monroe
Sunday May 20- Council Fire for Kayla's Campfire group at Camp Killoqua
Memorial Weekend- Grants Pass (hopefully- have a mom being induced that Friday if she doesn't go sooner)
June 2-3- RELAY FOR LIFE!
June 14-17- Los Angeles
July 4-17- West Virginia
August 18- Mackenna turns 4 and possible family camping in North Bend

What a fun summer!

No comments: